Humans are complex creatures. There are many things you’ll keep improving all your life. Because the act of living is a constant act of learning. My family told me this last sentence all over again until it got into my head. As I grew up I understood more the depth of that truth. So I wrote an example list of work in progress statements (and some of them are lessons that were earned meanwhile):
– Emotion is not a weakness.
– Being polite is never enough to express a feeling.
– Anxiety comes and goes like the weather.
– People will always have opinions (either you like it or not).
– Some people you’ve met in private will ignore you afterwards.
– Food is love.
– You can meet amazing people in unexpected places at unexpected times.
– Some relationships will not matter.
– Things will always get complicated unless you find the resources to stay within your truth.
– Some people will care for you, but never love you for who you are.
– Things will make sense when you meet the right people.
– What goes around comes around.
– You can have it all. Don’t allow others to convince you otherwise.
– Power can be toxic. Being greedy doesn’t make things better.
– Take deep breaths. You will be alright. Keep holding on.
– Trust your gut.